I was born in Cleveland, Ohio in early 1991, and lived in the Cleveland area for my full childhood.
For most of those years I was homeschooled, but when I was 16, halfway through 10th grade, I switched to a local private high
I attended Rochester Institute of Technology for a B.S. in Information Security and Forensics. At RIT I was involved with several
student clubs and organizations including Computer Science House,
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and the RIT Linux Users' Group.
After graduating from RIT and spending two weeks wandering around Australia and New Zealand just for the fun of it, I started at
Datto where I remain employed today. I always said I wanted a quiet cottage in the woods but with fast Internet and close
proximity to an urban center; my current residence affords just that and more.
- Networking/system administration
- Large scale layer-3 network design, including dynamic routing protocols (OSPF and EIGRP; I want to learn BGP eventually)
- VPNs and WAN design
- Performance optimization; x86 router configuration
- Service integration and single sign-on. This was the focus of much of my independent research in college.
- Web stuff (HTML/JS/CSS)
- Server side web stuff (PHP, Perl/CGI)
- System level scripting (Perl, Ruby, shell)
- System level programming (C)
- Nord keyboards – I own two Nord keyboards, a Stage 2 (HA88 rev. A) and a Lead 3.
- M-Audio – I loved my Keystation 88es to death before buying my current Axiom Pro 61. I also have their BX5a monitors.
- Metal: neo-classical, progressive, symphonic, anything that gets you thinking. Think Symphony X, Dream Theater, Epica, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, ...
- Classical: J.S. Bach, Beethoven, Antonín Dvořák, and a few others
- Hammond organs. Slowly getting my jazz hands.
- Traditional and FM synthesis/sound design, and the electronics associated with it
- Current daily driver: 2009 Mazdaspeed3
- Current project: 2002 (MkIV) GTI 1.8T. It was my daily driver until the motor blew up on me. I'm planning to use the car as a chance to learn how to rebuild motors.
- I do not associate or identify with any political party, but most of my beliefs line up with those of the Libertarian Party. The amount of sense libertarianism makes causes me to wonder how so few have found it.